Last report wordcount + chapter count/scene count:
1. Short story: 10,003 words (second and final round completed; just waiting on a proofread/publisher approval)
2. NOBODY’S LADY (NEVER VEIL 2): 67,652 words, 28 chapters (working on first round of publisher revisions)
Current report WC + CC/ SC:
1. Short story: 10,037 words (proofread completed and turned in to publisher–no more edits?)
2. NOBODY’S LADY (NEVER VEIL 2): 70,747 words, 28 chapters (first round of revisions completed and turned in to publisher)
WIP Issues This Month: As usual, not finding time or brain power to work on my own writing. (My eyes are acting up lately, too.)
Four things I learned this month in writing: 1. I love how new scenes added in revisions can really add depth to a manuscript.
2. It seems like revisions are never done (until all of a sudden, they are).
3. I’m very picky about being in the right “mood” to work on my own writing; I can’t have a ton of things on my to-do list.
4. Editing is more fun than business writing.
What distracted me this month while writing: I had a lot of work again this month, including editing a long manuscript for a client that took up every moment of my work time not devoted to the usual clients. (I also finished editing my friend’s manuscript right before then–I’ve been busy editing!) I didn’t know I’d have that client last time I updated, so there was no way I’d complete the goals I set then.
I did go to the local Renaissance Faire, as I tend to do once a year! I just love the ambiance. I was a little sad I decided not to waste any money on a trinket like I usually get, though, but I had good food.
I found out the publisher of my short story has delayed the publication until next year! And I think I’m done approving it, so I probably won’t mention it again… Until I can finally announce it.
Goal for next month: I’ll be done editing for the client by the time September starts, so I think I can finally devote some time to a new manuscript. Maybe. I haven’t worked on one in almost a year. I’m not expecting second round of revisions for NOBODY’S LADY (which will most likely have a new title in time, by the way!) until October.